Is there a topic you would like covered but do not see here? We are happy to take webinar suggestions. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you miss a webinar? As a full ODTUG member, you can view all of our past webinars at any time. Just log in and you will see the link for the recorded list under the Resources tab. Not a member? Join now for $99!
ODTUG is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
How to qualify for CPE Credits:
- Register for the webinar, indicate that you are a Full (paid) ODTUG member, and check the box on your registration form to indicate you'll be earning credits.
- Attend the session and fill out an evaluation form; make sure to include your name. The evaluation form will pop up on your screen once the webinar is completed.
- You must respond to all poll questions that will show up on the screen at random during the presentation.
- After the webinar, you will receive a certificate via email for the session you attended.
- Submit the certificate to your State Board of Accountancy.
Webinars are free to all. No cancellation is required. If you do not attend, your registration will automatically be cancelled.
Webinars that are eligible for CPE credit will be noted as such in their description.
Our webinar calendar is constantly evolving! Check back frequently, as more webinars will be added to the schedule.
Tuesday, May 11, 2021 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
Configuring Oracle Projects: The Detail You've Always Wanted
Presented by Jesse Martin, Alithya
Deploying the Projects module provides the ability to plan upcoming projects with the additional detail often required but not always available. Whether planning revenue or expense projects, this module includes several project types and planning methods to support individual, project-level detail. In this webcast, we’ll take a look at some features and processes within the out-of-the-box Projects module, review the configurable artifacts, and demonstrate a simple application build.
- Configuring the initial deployment
- Setting up a new project and associated detail
- Revenue & Expense Planning: Labor, Materials, Equipment, Other
This webcast is for Hyperion admins and FP&A personnel who would like to understand the basics of the Projects module and whether detailed project planning is a fit for the organization.
Thursday , May 20, 2021 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
Taking a Closer Look at Interim Provisioning with EPM Tax Reporting
Presented by Mohit Jain and Megha Chopra , Genpact
*This webinar is eligible for one (1) CPE credit for Computer Software & Apps. To receive the credit attendees must be a Full (paid) ODTUG member, attend the entire webinar and answer all poll questions that will pop up on-screen during the webinar, and fill out the evaluation form (with your name) that will pop up on your screen immediately after the webinar.
Program Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Instructional Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Price & cancellation policy: Free. No need to cancel - if you do not attend you will be automatically cancelled.
The Interim Tax Provision is the process to estimate the tax expense in interim periods based on the annualized estimated effective tax rate (AEETR). The annualized estimated effective tax rate can be developed in the forecast scenario and applied against year-to-date NIBT (Net Income Before Tax) to determine the income tax expense before discrete adjustments. You can calculate either total tax expense or both current and deferred tax expense based on the effective tax rates developed. The net of the calculated tax and discrete items is considered the provisioned tax amount. Based on requirement, Total AEETR and Detailed AEETR can be enabled. Oracle Cloud EPM Tax Reporting provides in-built calculated members to calculate interim calculation. Also, it provides different in-built forms to collect tax rates, discrete adjustments and other details.
By the end of this session attendees will have learned about:
• Enabling the Interim Tax Provision into EPM Tax Reporting application
• Process of entering the Current and Deferred Tax rates on in-built Data Forms.
• Process of entering the adjustments to NIBT amount on Forecast scenario.
• Viewing Total and Detail Interim provisioning after consolidation
• Excluding the Loss Entities from Interim Provision
Friday, May 21, 2021 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
Emerging Women in Tech Panel Discussion
Panel led by: Steisi Manco and Kate Helmer, Huron, Ghaida Khader, Azdan Business Analytics, and Jennifer Nicholson, Oracle Corporation
Join us for an ODTUG WIT discussion about growing your career in tech and building your own brand. How do you find your space in the community, continue to learn and develop, and find a technology you are passionate about?
Thursday, May 27, 2021 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
Oracle 19c Hands-On Experience: Pluggable Databases are Risen from the Dead
Presented by Charles Kim, Viscosity North America
Registration is limited to 30 hands-on lab students, but unlimited to those interested in viewing the presentation only. The first 30 to register for the hands-on lab will receive lab credentials the day before the session via email.
In this two-hour class, students will get access to 2 VMs with Oracle Database 19c pre-installed to set up and configure Data Guard.
Learn how you can set up Data Guard with all the best practices. Attendees will receive a brief history of Data Guard and how it became Data Guard, and then dive directly into new features in Oracle Data Guard 12cR2/18c/19c. This workshop will disseminate Data Guard best practices and reference architectures that DBAs need to know to protect their Oracle ecosystem. Viscosity will demonstrate how DBAs should set up, configure, and monitor mission critical Data Guard environments (including Active Data Guard).
- Building the Physical Standby database
- Monitoring the Physical Standby database
- Maintaining the Physical Standby database
- Configuring Data Guard Broker
- Performing Backup and Recovery with RMAN
- Setting Archive Retention
- Active Data Guard
- Snapshot Standby